Sunday, July 12, 2009

I've been enjoying my time here. Hanging out with friends and meeting a lot of new people. I just so happen to hit another hurdle though, one that will substantially slow this trip down. I broke my talus bone in my right ankle on Wednesday, the 8th. I was bouldering in Boulder, CO. Coming out with only a broken talus, makes me happy. Special thanks to my buddy Josh for pushing me into that crash pad. The MRI this week will tell me more about what is actually going on.
Stacy gave me a choice of black, white, blue, and I think yellow. It took me a while but in the end I chose to go with a blue cast.
Everyone has been saying, "that sucks" I'm sure it does, but I can't stop enjoying the fact that I am experiencing it for the first time.
Here are all the firsts so far
instant ice packs ✓
used my health insurance ✓
wheeled around in a wheel chair ✓
portable x-ray I nicknamed "PORTY" ✓
received a splint ✓
walking around with crutches ✓
-up stairs, down stairs, grass, doors...
experiencing the world with a handicap ✓
my first cast ✓
shower with a bag over my leg (this one is strange) ✓

No comments:

Post a Comment