Wednesday, October 14, 2009



This was taken in Detroit, MI.
I have realized that what people often say about certain areas or places should be heard but not lived by. There tends to be bad areas throughout the world. If one has these prejudices prevent them from exploring, then how much of the world have you not seen because of rumors or fears.

I stand in the middle of the street taking photos. Darkness fell 30 minutes ago, the damp cold grasps me as I see a figure walking closer. Not much taller than me 5'4. This man is caring a sack of clothes, a sack of cans and a beaten down rocking horse (propped on his left shoulder) We nod and continue on with our business. A great man I'm sure, could be a king from a distant place or the world's #1 dad. I'll never know. His image is forever branded when I think about that night. The man with the rocking horse, someone I wish I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment